PAGE Requirements

Home / PAGE / PAGE Requirements

Applicants for the Page Energy Assistance must meet ALL of the following requirements to be eligible:

  1. Currently receives gas and electric services from one of the following companies:

  2. Annual income per client household size must fall within the following range:

  3. Household Size

    1 Person

    2 Person

    3 Person

    4 Person

    5 Person

    6 Person

    7 Person

    8 Person

    9 Person

    10 Person

    Minimum Annual Income











    Maximum Annual Income











    Income Guidelines as of October 1, 2018.

  4. Demonstrate that gas and/or electric account is currently 45 days or more past due and/or have received a disconnection notice.
  5. Demonstrate that 2 payments of at least $25 each have been made within the past 6 months onto the gas and electric account or one payment of $75 or greater within the past 90 days”. ($150 if combined account [gas and electric])
  6. Must not currently be receiving benefits through the USF program, or have received HEA benefits during the current heating season.
  7. All required documentation must be provided with the completed application. Any applications that are missing any required documentation will NOT be processed.

*** Eligibility Notice: Households applying for PAGE that have $15,000 or more in liquid assets (savings, stocks, bonds etc) will be deemed ineligible for benefits ***


Required Documents

Please complete the application in its entirety and provide COPIES of the following documentation:

  • Copies of the social security cards for all members of your household.
  • Copy of the valid driver's license, federal, state, county or veteran ID, for primary applicant with current address.
  • Copies of proof of gross income within the past 60 days for all members of your household age 18 and over for four consecutive weeks. Pay stubs: If paid bi-weekly- 2 consecutive stubs. If weekly- four consecutive stubs. Social Security of any kind- current year award letter or current bank statement. Pension- current pension statement. Unemployment- we can accept the "Loops Letter" from unemployment office or latest four consecutive receipts showing the amount and date paid. For any questions about how to retrieve this document, please call 732-982-8710. Child support, alimony, food stamps, TANF, GA and any other state benefits are all considered income and an updated awards letter must be provided. Business income- Schedule C from previous year's taxes showing profit/loss. Rental income- Schedule E from previous year's taxes showing rental profit/loss. Zero Income- If a member of the household age 18 or over does not have any income, must write a letter stating "I have no income" and it must be signed and dated by that person. However, if a member is a full time student (minimum of 12 credits), school schedule showing member's name, credits and enrolled in the current semester will be acceptable.

*With the exception of Social Security income, please note bank statements are not acceptable for proof of income*

  • If you own a home please provide a copy of your deed, current year property tax statement or current mortgage statement.
  • If you rent, please provide a copy of your current lease. If you do not have one, a current letter from the landlord indicating the address and occupancy status must be submitted.
  • Copies of past 6 months of payment history from each utility (previous 6 months of bills or payment history statement from utility company showing a breakdown of payments made each month)
  • Copies of your most recent electric bill and gas bill with your current address.
  • Copy of the first and second page of your previous year’s Federal Income Tax Return and for anyone 18 and over in your household (some exceptions may apply). Second page must be signed if self-prepared.  (Handwritten tax returns are not acceptable; instead, transcripts will need to be submitted). If the line for taxable interest (line 8a - 8b) or dividends (line 9a - 9b) has $100 or over, the corresponding 1099-INT form and corresponding current account statement will need to be submitted. For clients that are not required to file a non-filing verification letter from the IRS will need to be provided.

**PLEASE NOTE: Additional documents may need to be requested once your application is reviewed**

**Please note that households who utilize municipal electric services will not be eligible for PAGE program benefits. Please make sure the application is signed and completely filled out with all of the required documents attached. Applications can be mailed, scanned/emailed or dropped off in person. Faxed applications will only be accepted if legible. Incomplete applications will NOT be processed.

For online applications, please make sure that the above Required Documents are in one of the following file formats: .pdf, .jpeg/.jpg, .tif, or .doc/.docx.
Also, the file size of each of the Required Documents (#1 to #6 from above list) cannot exceed 500 Kbyte. The only exception is your utility bill (#7 from above list) which cannot exceed 1 Mbyte.
Lastly, please note that these files must be properly submitted on the document upload page in order to have your application accepted.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
Home Energy Assistance Department