Find out if you qualify for help in just a few steps.
Applicants for the PAGE Program must meet ALL of the following requirements:
1. Currently receives gas and/or electric services from one of the following companies:
- JCP&L: Jersey Central Power & Light – First Energy Corporation
- PSEG and En Español: Public Service Enterprise Group
- Rockland Electric
- Atlantic City Electric
- NJNG: New Jersey Natural Gas
- Elizabethtown Gas
- South Jersey Gas
- Or a third-party supplier who is billed through one of the companies listed above
2. Annual income per applicant household size must not exceed the following amounts:
Annual income per client/household size.
|Household Size||1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person||6 Person||7 Person||8 Person||9 Person||10 Person|
|Maximum Annual Income||$69,282||$90,600||$111,918||$133,237||$154,553||$175,872||$179,870||$183,867||$187,864||$191,861|
3. Demonstrate that the gas and/or electric account is currently past due, and/or has received a disconnection notice, and/or service has already been disconnected. Minimum $100 account balance.
4. Applications CAN NOT be processed until all requested documents are submitted.
Eligibility Notice: Households applying for PAGE that have $15,000 or more in liquid assets (savings, stocks, bonds, etc.) may be deemed ineligible for benefits.
Required Documents for PAGE
Please complete the application in its entirety and provide COPIES of the following documentation:
For anyone in the household(s) who does not have a social security number, they can still apply for PAGE.
Valid form of NJ Identification
Proof of Income
- Pay stubs: if paid bi-weekly, 2 consecutive stubs. If weekly- four consecutive stubs.
- Social Security of any kind, current year award letter, or a current bank statement.
- Pension: current pension statement.
- Unemployment: we can accept the “Loops Letter” from the unemployment office, an Initial Determination Letter, or the latest four consecutive receipts showing the amount and date paid. For any questions about how to retrieve this document, please call 732-982-8710.
- Child support, alimony, TANF, GA, and any other state benefits are all considered income and an updated awards letter must be provided.
- Business income: schedule C from the previous year’s Tax Returns showing profit/loss.
- Rental income: schedule E from the previous year’s Tax Returns showing rental profit/loss.
NOTE: with the exception of Social Security income, please note bank statements are not acceptable for proof of income.
Electric and gas bills
Federal Income Tax Return MAY be required
PLEASE NOTE: Additional documents may need to be requested once your application is reviewed.
Households who utilize municipal electric services will not be eligible for PAGE program benefits.
- Households who utilize municipal electric services will not be eligible for PAGE program benefits.
- Please make sure the application is completely filled out with all of the required documents attached and signed.
- Applications can be mailed, scanned/emailed or dropped off in person. Faxed applications will only be accepted if legible. Incomplete applications will NOT be processed.
- For online applications, please make sure that the above Required Documents are in one of the following file formats: .pdf, .jpeg/.jpg, .tif, or .doc/.docx.
- Also, the file size of each required document cannot exceed 500 KB. The only exception is your utility bill, which cannot exceed 1 MB. Lastly, please note that these files must be properly submitted on the document upload page in order to have your application accepted.